We're looking for an innovative and experienced Head of Operations for West Africa who will be responsible for managing Rikolto's operations in Ghana and leading Rikolto's operations in West Africa.
Job opening: Head of Operations/Finance manager West Africa
A sustainable income for farmers, and nutritious, affordable food for everyone: this is what Rikolto works for.
Rikolto is an international network organisation with more than 40 years of experience in partnering with farmer organisations and food chain stakeholders across Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
Rikolto has a global team of 196 employees, based in 5 offices across the world. We work around three global programmes: Sustainable Rice, Sustainable Cocoa and Coffee, and Good Food For Cities in 16 countries.
The activities in West Africa cover six (6) countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Mali, Senegal and Benin.
Rikolto works for the development of sustainable food systems, focusing on strengthening the entrepreneurial capacities of stakeholders, supporting value chain actors in improving the quality and packaging of agricultural products, improving processing and marketing, more sustainable food production, improving the environment of agricultural chains, and governance in value chains. For more information, please visit our website: www.rikolto.org/westafrica.
As Head of Operations for West Africa, you will create the conditions for the region to operate professionally in the areas of operations, finance, HR, internal and external communications and IT. You will coordinate a well-functioning, manageable team that supports Rikolto's programme work in six West African countries.
The Head of Operations (HOO) is part of the regional management team that ensures that the different programmes are aligned, that resources are used efficiently and that programme work is supported at the regional level. The HOO is ultimately responsible for operational management and leads, inspires and coaches the support services in the region. At a global level, the HOO contributes to the creation of a global operational framework by providing regional context and working as part of an international peer team.
As the finance manager for Ghana, you are responsible for the quality of our financial processes and the representation of Rikolto in the country.
- Contract type: Fixed-term contract of two (2) years renewable depending on the availability of funding with a trial period of three months.
- Desired start date of employment: April 2023
- Position in the organisation: Member of the West Africa Team
- Reports to: Global Operations Director
- Location: Kumasi, Ghana.
- Job size: Full-time
- Travels: Occasional travelling will be required.
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- Master's degree in finance, accounting or a related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years working in an international organisation managing Finance
- Financial proficiency
Knowledge, abilities and skills
- Strong sense of collegiality, integrity, resourcefulness and accountability to deliver
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be a critical thinker and present risks to management
- A creative and entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Excel r (research, pivot table level); a good knowledge of French will be an important asset in building links with colleagues in other West African countries.
- Functional knowledge of accounting software packages (Exact)
To know more about your responsibilities download the full job vacancy
Interested candidates send your updated CV - with three professional references from people linked to organisations that have already employed the candidate;
A covering motivation letter (maximum one page) indicating salary expectations.
Applications should be sent electronically to jobs.international [at] rikolto.org no later than 1 March 2023 at 17:00 GMT, specifying the position. Only those selected will be invited for an interview.